Ep #18: How to Manage Nighttime Food Cravings
A listener asked for me to address the challenge of nighttime cravings. I dealt with this for decades, growing up with regular late night desserts. It has taken a lot of work to fix my eating schedule and learn to de-stress in healthy ways.
These long-practiced habits are difficult to break and require a significant degree of introspection and reflection. When you recognize the source of your bad habits, you can work towards fixing them and eating cleaner.
This realization will help you eat differently and give you more, sustained energy throughout the day. Our insulin responses to food are greater in the evening than during the day, so night binges are particularly damaging. Identify the problem and start living a more healthy lifestyle.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How your brain gets trained to expect food.
- Healthy alternatives to staying up late and eating.
- Insulin responses to food at different times of day.
- My own story of overcoming night binges.
- Why simple fixes don’t always work.
- How to de-stress without overeating.
Featured In This Episode:
- Free trial of the Calm App
- Be among the first doctors to learn about my next private group!
- Sign up for my email list + free Quickstart Guide!