Ep #41: Comparison and Unrealistic Expectations
It is so easy to look at someone else and decide from a glance that they are doing better at life than you. Unchecked comparison is something that steals our joy, inspiration, and motivation. On this episode I share how small changes in my thoughts and life lately have lead me to re-examine myself.
Occasionally, your thinking can shift unintentionally to a place that is damaging and unfruitful. It can be hard to figure out what these changes mean and what might be going wrong, so I will share my method for unboxing those thoughts and pinpointing the issue.
I will also go over how damaging and deceitful comparison can be to every area of your life. By noticing how unreal your expectations can become due to unhealthy comparison, you can take control of your thoughts again.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How the answer “I don’t know” completely blocks your brain from finding a solution.
- What to do when you know something is going on in your mind but you aren’t sure what it is.
- How comparison puts you into a scarcity mentality that is unrealistic and paralyzing.
- The importance of taking time to recharge, rethink, and discover what’s going on under the surface.
Featured In This Episode:
- Interested in working with me? If you’re a practicing MD/DO physician, click here to sign up.
- Sign up for my email list!