Ep #21: Continuing the Conversation: Teaching Kids to Eat Healthy
As you’ll hear, it was an absolute battle to get this podcast recorded and out to you guys this week – life catches up to you sometimes!
Building off of last week’s episode, we are discussing controlling how and what your kids eat.
It is very easy for your kids to become insulin sensitive, so it makes sense to cut cookies, pretzels, tons of fruit, and candy out of their diets. Since their body composition can completely change quickly, this is a change to make as soon as possible. Even if they are at a healthy weight, you still need to be very conscious of building good food habits that they bring into adulthood.
I also know that you can make eating healthy interesting and fun. In today’s episode, I will share a way to leverage imagination and storytelling to help your children eat better. I wrap up with the simple meals I feed my family on a regular basis.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why your kids need to eat less flour and sugar.
- That kids are much more insulin sensitive than adults.
- How to use storytelling to help your children be more conscientious of what they eat.
- How to keep lessons from your childhood from repeating themselves with your own children.
- Why building a positive body image is so important.
- Why it is more important to model good behavior than just talk about it.
- What I feed my own family!
Featured In This Episode:
- If you’re a practicing MD/DO physician, get on the list for my next Doctors-Only coaching group!
- Sign up for my email list!
- Rawsome Nut Dip Recipe