Ep #27: Breaking Down Emotional Responsibility
Our thoughts trigger physical reactions in our body, known as emotions. They are a reality of life, but do you know who is responsible for those emotions? You are!
The most important lesson you can implement to improve your everyday life is to recognize that your emotions cannot hurt you. Emotions can trick you into a response that is not in your body’s best interest. Instead of trying to drown out the emotional response with food or alcohol, focus on addressing the thoughts that are triggering you.
Often, your emotions and thoughts are on autopilot. You will see it more easily in others, but the magic happens when you can start to identify this in yourself. Metacognition, or thinking about our thinking, will help you unlock your power to control your reactions and maintain inner peace.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The definition of emotions and emotional responsibility.
- Why it is a mistake to dampen your emotions with food or alcohol.
- How choosing a new way to think about your day will alter your emotional responses.
- That many emotional reactions are subconscious and hard to change.
- Why the blame game is a pointless endeavor.
- Ways that emotional childhood expresses itself in behavior.
Featured In This Episode:
- Interested in working with me? If you’re a practicing MD/DO physician, click here to sign up. Then be sure to check your email to confirm that you want to opt-in!
- Sign up for my email list!