Ep #4: Rethinking the Scarcity Mentality
This week on Weight Loss for Busy Physicians, we’ll stroll down memory lane to examine a regular occurrence we all know and love – ordering Girl Scout cookies. Yes, those little treats are tasty. Many of us remember our time in the Girls Scouts and Brownies favorably and want to help support the little ladies in our lives as well. However, something about having access to these cookies once a year promotes an overindulgence in self-destructive eating patterns.
Whether we’ve convinced ourselves that we can miss out or we’re operating based on childhood programming, the scarcity mentality can wreak havoc on weight loss goals. We live in a time where access to food is plentiful and more available than ever. Our beliefs about food may need to be reprogrammed.
This week, we’ll look at common examples where a food-related scarcity mentality works against your weight loss progress. It’s important to recognize that your beliefs are optional. If you’re creating drama around food by acting up an unhealthy sense of scarcity, I’ll show you how to reprogram your thoughts and thrive.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How the Girl Scouts intentionally create a scarcity mentality that can ruin your New Year’s Resolution diet.
- How childhood lessons about food impact your food-related mentality.
- Examples of beliefs in the scarcity mentality that impact overeating.
- How to separate the facts from food drama and reprogram your thoughts.
- How to determine if your food beliefs have no upside and how you can change that.
Featured In This Episode:
Get The Full Episode Transcript