Ep #15: Goal Setting and Commitment to Weight Loss
Do you know exactly how much weight you are trying to lose? Do you want to lose weight, or are you committed to losing weight? I know that you have the ability to commit if you made it through medical school. Today’s episode is all about committing to a goal weight and following through.
Setting a goal and “committing” to it feels great, until we hit a bump in the road. Once you’ve set the right goal weight, you need to build a plan that will support that goal and be resilient when you inevitably face adversity. Don’t allow your plan to fall apart the first time you get called back to the ER, or someone swipes your food from the refrigerator.
If you can adjust your beliefs about what your weight should be, that’s the first step to changing your weight. You can create whatever body you want; you just need to aim for heights beyond your negative self-talk.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The difference between wanting a result and committing to a goal.
- How to be aware of the stories you tell yourself.
- The importance of developing food protocols with contingency plans.
- Where to set an appropriate goal weight.
- Framing today’s challenges from a future perspective.
- Why setting big goals works.
Featured In This Episode:
- Sign up for my email list + free Quickstart Guide!