Ep #2: Practicing Awareness of Your Thoughts & Feelings
Welcome to episode two of the podcast! I hope you enjoyed my first episode and are excited to begin this work with me, no matter where you are in your weight loss journey.
Today I’m talking a bit more about the Thought Model I introduced in episode one. One of my main goals of the show is to help you become an expert at applying the model, so you can use it to work past negative emotions and stay on track with your goals, whatever they may be.
You’ll hear me talk about why it’s so important to know the difference between your circumstances and your thoughts, and how this will help you be a more compassionate observer of your mind. I’ll also tell you about the Thought Download exercise that I recommend to all my clients, and even tell you about a time I used it to get through a situation that was making me feel overwhelmed.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- The crucial difference between a circumstance and a thought.
- Why so many of us think our circumstances are our problem, and why we try so hard to change them.
- That you don’t have to change a difficult situation or person in your life – just your experience of them.
- How to speak to yourself compassionately and better understand your underlying emotions.
- How to do my Thought Download exercise and how I benefitted from it when I was feeling overwhelmed by my business.
- The very first steps you can take today to start shifting your mindset.
- How to work backwards through the Thought Model to identify the feelings you need to feel.
Featured In This Episode:
- Brooke Castillo of The Life Coach School
Get The Full Episode Transcript