Ep #22: Cut Back on Drinking with Rachel Hart
Today on the podcast, we’ve got my first-ever guest! Rachel Hart is a life coach that helps clients cut back on, or completely stop, their alcohol consumption and live a healthier lifestyle.
Rachel and I discuss how she has learned to manage her drinking and break some bad habits. Too many of us use alcohol to deal with anxiety, stress, or frustration and Rachel wants to change that. There’s a particularly pernicious culture of drinking that we need to work together to break.
Drinking habits, like eating habits, creep up on us. It’s not something that changes overnight, but slowly day by day. As always, conscientious consumption is the key to feeling fulfilled and breaking bad habits. Rachel lays out the first steps to cutting back on booze.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Rachel’s own battle with managing her drinking.
- Why people drink to deal with anxiety and stress.
- The risk of trading one bad habit (like eating) for another one.
- How to start changing things with small breaks from drinking.
- Experiments in changing behavior around alcohol.
- That you can stop drinking, but not stop going to bars and socializing.
Featured In This Episode:
- Connect with Rachel Hart: Website | Facebook
- Rachel’s podcast: Take a Break From Drinking
- Interested in working with me? If you’re a practicing MD/DO physician, click here to sign up. Then be sure to check your email to confirm that you want to opt-in!
- Sign up for my email list!