Ep #13: The Right Mindset for Controlling Your Weight
I kick off today’s episode with my favorite broccoli recipe, which involves infusing it with toasted sesame oil. Yum! Then, I dive into my best advice for crafting the right mindset for your weight loss efforts.
It is important to remember that losing weight takes time and that slow, steady, consistent effort produces the best results. Consistency is preferable to your weight yo-yo-ing up and down. The foundation of consistency is a healthy mindset and intentional action.
Later in the episode, I drill down on how mindfulness is the key to losing weight. We craft a model for reframing negative thoughts into healthy ones. This brain training reorients your mind to focus on positivity and expand your thinking with small pieces of evidence. This turnaround can take less than a month and make a profound difference on your day-to-day life.
Listen To The Episode Here:
In Today’s Episode, You’ll Learn:
- A favorite broccoli recipe that you and your loved ones will adore.
- A review of metacognition and a process for self-assessment.
- How to approach weight loss with patience and mindfulness.
- How to cultivate body awareness to avoid overeating.
- The step-by-step sequence of thoughts to change your preferences.
- How to utilize small pieces of evidence to transform your mindset.
Featured In This Episode:
- Episode 1: Welcome to Weight Loss for Busy Physicians!
- Episode 2: Practicing Awareness of Your Thoughts and Feelings
- Episode 3: Choosing an Action Plan for Weight Loss
- The Thought Model:
The result is always proof or evidence of the original thought.